While Jason and I have never been huge TV watchers, we decided to try going TV-free for the month of January. We decided 90% of the time we turn it on if we're bored, and it just wastes time. The idea is we could use our time better by being together, reading, exercising, playing games, or working on hobbies. Rarely is one truly edified by watching TV.We've allowed "special exceptions" such as a planned movie on a weekend, but we will not be aimlessly turning on the TV or even watching the news. We'll see how this turns out at the end of January.
1 comment:
We're TV free 100% of the time, and I love it. We never turn on broadcast TV- only DVDs get watched at our house, and that's infrequent. I'm in front of a screen all day at work, so have no desire to be in front of one after work, too.
Post a Comment