Tuesday, April 26, 2011

running + melody


Since she was in town for the weekend, Melody and I went for a training run on Saturday morning. Can I just say, this girl amazes me! Could I have ever imagined even just one year ago that Melody and I would be running together? Neither Melody nor I has ever been the athletic "type" but here we are training for a half marathon. This will be Melody's first half marathon and my second.


We posed before our run with my bib wall in the garage. I love posting my bibs after each race. I don't have many, but I'd imagine I'll have a few more before too long.


I also love my favorite running verse, which you can't really see (in orange): For physical training is of some value but godliness has value for all things, both in the present life and in the life to come. 1 Tim 4:8.


It reminds me that while running is great for now, my real purpose in life is to run after God! It keeps it all in perspective for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the door looks great, happy birthday to Isaac and congrats on the run. I LOVE the verse you posted. Thanks for the encouragement. Blessings. Jessica

Maggie said...

Thanks! I want to do more verse posting around our house and am looking into how to do that. Vinyl wall art / putting verses in frames, etc.... So important to think about it often!