Tuesday, March 20, 2012

spring cleaning - zone 1 - the kids' bathroom

A friend is hosting a spring cleaning challenge to help us all get motivated to do those deep cleaning jobs that just never seem to happen otherwise. So I am going to TRY to blog some of my cleaning, although I am a minimalist so we don't have a ton of "stuff" around (at least I'd like to think that....).

I took a couple of "before pictures" and then set to work.

I scoffed at the idea that it would take over an hour..... but I was wrong! Over an hour later I was finished.

For the first time since we moved here two years ago (gasp!), I washed the walls from top to bottom, laundered the shower curtain, and cleaned the light fixtures. I don't know if I had ever done any of those before!! Sad, I know!!

I also scrubbed the entire room, including doorknobs, trim, the door, tub/shower, sink, cabinet, toilet, mirror, kid stool, trash can, and of course the floor!

The "boy bathroom" smell is gone!

Noted a few things to purchase or think about, including a new faucet fixture, curtain liner and a plug in air freshener.

I put "liners" in the drawers (made of paper towels) and instructed the boys they are not to leave their things lying on the sinktop. I also found a small clock and a poster in the house that I thought I would utilize. I'm thinking the poster could be really good if I cut it up and hung it on canvases. Still thinking on that.


In unrelated spring cleaning, I also wiped down the fridge, and itemized a pile of clothes for Goodwill. It had been sitting there waiting for me to take action on it for over a week. I love itemizing with ItsDeductibleOnline.com since it uploads right into our TurboTax at tax time. Time to get rid of the pile!

No comments: